To understand and find ESCAPE Journal/Index file pair on the file server.
Find ESCAPE Journal/Index File Pair
- Open the folder that is defined as the journal location folder by an application that manages or views the journal data.
- This folder contains Store folders with the naming convention of “Snnnn”, where n is 0000 – 9999 and represents the store number.
- The Store folder contains Century folders with the naming convention of “nnn”, where n is the number of years after 1900. Ex) 113 = 2013
- The Century folder contains journal and index files with the naming convention of [JN]MDDRRR.C; see below for more detail.
- [JN] – leading character of journal or index file name that represents journal or index.
- M – single character month identifier as 1-9, A, B, C. (A=10, B=11, C=12)
- DD – the day of the month as 01-31.
- RRR – the register number as 001-999.
- C – file extension that indicates the file is compressed, otherwise file has no extension.
e.g.) A journal/index file pair can be JA15001 and NA15001 for October 15, register 1.